Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sold Horses





I sold a few horses since last fall. Turbo, my 2008 gelding, and Dusty aka Frosty, the grulla 2010 filly out of Barts Quincy T, sold to Janice and Roley Schoonover of Western Pleasure Guest Ranch. They've done a great job starting Turbo under saddle and I got to watch him show off his moves at the Pat Wyse clinic in Sandpoint in April. It has been determined that Turbo should have been named something else because there is not a fast bone in his body! Turbo is sired by Dreams Reward (by Dreamfinder) and out of a mare I used to own, Quincys Sparkee (by Stardee). Frosty has changed colors from a black/grulla with spots over her hips to a brown roan. I imagine she will end up a varnish roan like her dam. Frosty is by Smarty and her dam is a daughter of Mighty Black Bart. If all goes as planned, Turbo and Frosty will eventually end up in the guest string at Western Pleasure.

I sold Blaze (Willie B Smart), my 2007 red roan blanketed gelding, to Tami Moyer. Blaze is by Smarty and out of a Geneo JJ daughter. He had about 70 rides on him when Tami took over. She intends to barrel race Blaze once he has some more miles on him. Tami holds various Omoksee speed records on her current Appaloosa gelding, Rocky, and now races him in 4D barrels at the age of 18. When Tami and I started communicating about Blaze, neither of us knew that her Rocky was a colt that my mom raised and I rode to win a 2yr old Western Pleasure Futurity back in 1995! It really is a small world and it was wonderful to see Rocky after so many years!

Pictures are of Rocky and Blaze tied to the trailer (talk about a nearly matched pair!), Frosty at 5 days old, Turbo tied to the hitching rail as a long 2yr old on the day he was picked up, and Blaze alone tied to the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment