Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Update on Smart Little Cayenne

Cayenne has been doing a bit of everything this past year.  She placed 4th in a 25 mile limited distance endurance ride, Home on the Range, near Washtucna, WA last spring.  More importantly to me, she took the Best Condition Award at that ride.  Cayenne liked the endurance as she prefers to get out and cover ground and has a wide competitive streak in her.

I rode Cayenne in two weekend clinics with Pat Wyse.  One in Sandpoint in April and one in Montana in May.  She has a lot of talent but I am working on getting good enough to ride her to her full potential!

I competed in a couple small trail challenges, did some gaming, competed in our first (and second and third) Competitive Mounted Orienteering rides, and moved cows a little.  We had a lot of fun and did well!

In Novemeber, I hauled Cayenne and her sire, Smart Little Cayenne, to Eugene, OR for the Northwest Mountain Trail Championships at the Oregon Horse Center.  Cayenne took 5th in the Novice Horse class.  She was the only horse to score a "10" on an obstacle all weekend in her class.  That obstacle was the ground tie.  All that practice paid off!  Cayenne did better than I expected competing there but Smart Little Sign was my rock star.  He came out of two years of no competition and took Reserve Grand Champion in Eugene!

No comments:

Post a Comment