Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Addition




I met a hauler in Chewelah today to get a few horses my mom bought. I'm keeping the 3yr old to start under saddle. She's a High Sign Nugget daughter so I'm pretty excited. I don't know much about her bottom side other than it's good foundation Appaloosa breeding. I think we're going to call the new girl "Smokey." So far, she's friendly and curious natured. We'll see what the future holds for her. That's her on a dark winter day in the round pen.

Cayenne has been getting ridden fairly regularly for the past couple weeks. She had a long break before that. She's easy to get back on and go with. It's too frozen and snowy to do anything too fast so we'll save the sliding stops and rollbacks for the occasional trip to an indoor arena! I'm working on collection, transitions and spins with her now. I want to be as ready as possible for some extreme trail and maybe versatility ranch horse competitions with her in 2010.

I found a couple well bred horses in Canada that I'm researching the feasibility on purchasing. The last thing I need is another horse but one of them is an excellent resale project. The other is probably a keeper :) I won't jinx myself by saying names until I get more info and decide what I'm going to do about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment